Annie


 I was asked to draw this beautiful graceful dog, Annie. I was not sure I would be able to capture her likeness especially as her fur has tiny dark flecks in it, not easy to convey, but as with all my art, I never know if I can until I try. It was a joy to work with my favourite pastels and so very pleased with the result.

Just after I had finished, I was paralysed by noise and was unable to move my hands and feet. It is incredibly wonderful to find moments of artistic expression are possible in a sea of unending pain and such frequent total inability to move. There is something truly wonderful about creating something beautiful that did  not previously exist. I find the process awesome and inspiring as well as challenging me to grow.

Comments

  1. Simply stunning. What an incredible 👏 talent. Triumph over adversity. You capture for Annie and for yourself here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning a new dog pastel

Delighted