Lilly


 

I love this drawing I did of a white Lilly. It must be eighteen years old or there abouts. I love the fact it goes off the side of the page so you don’t see the whole of it. It is bigger than can be captured. It always touches my heart in an inexplicable way. Recently I found it again after years of not knowing where it was. I share it with a poem about loss that perfectly captures how I feel about our beloved corgis as well as so many people we have known who have lost their lives down the years.This is the truth, love never dies.

OUR TEARS CANNOT BE ASSUAGED
Your pain, is my pain, is our pain
Your suffering, is my suffering, is our suffering
Your grief, is my grief, is our grief
Your loss is forever my loss, is forever our loss.
Our tears will flow
Till the oceans are full and still they will weep.
This is the amount of honour due to you
To recognise all that you were,
all that you have been,
all that you will ever be to us.
Our tears cannot be assuaged
Your loveliness still echoes here.
Your love remains
And burns in our hearts,
Forever more than a memory.
Words and pastel by LC



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delighted

Annie

Chico, amazing ears!