A poem about pain




 There comes a point

In the level of pain and hypersensitivity 

Where nothing you do

Is going to help me.

And everything you try

Is going to make things worse

Even asking how you can help me.

I don’t want to be here in this pkace with you, 

Yet again.

I want the gentle tender loving care,

The kind words

And generosity of love you offer me endlessly

But even that is not always accesible to me

In that moment when

The wall of pain

Has risen too high

To feel your presence accurately.

I am tormented.

I know you want to make it better.

You might be able to stay, in silence, unmoving,

But maybe it is better to go for now

For at times like this,

I will only shout at the barriers between us

And the impossibility of my endurance

Yet still 

I have to bear it,

Till it passes

And hope to reconnect with feeling you,

Loving me.


Drawing the picture understates the reality but tries to express the minimilisation of life and the isolation from normality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mollie

Our Precious Little Dog

Freddy RIP